Saturday, November 29, 2008

Have you heard?...........

Ok, first of all, a friend of mine asked me last night if I knew where the hell Mark Bell got to. I hate to admit it, but I had no idea. So, I checked. It seems as though Mr Bell is in fact still in the Maple Leafs organization. He is playing with the Marlies and has 9 points in 18 games. He is a -6 and has 20 pim so far this year. There ya go Brian!

I heard a rumor on the post game show after Tuesdays game vs Atlanta. It was a regular caller into the radio show that I listen to, and he said there was a strong possibility that the Maple Leafs and Mats Sundin were going to hook up during the teams stop in Vancouver and try to hammer out a deal. Now, I love the man as much as anyone else, and I said right from the start that if we saw him in the NHL this year, it would in fact be in a leafs jersey. However, with him gone, we have seen some steady improvement from a couple of the other players that everyone had basically written of as being too one dimensional without Sundin around to help them. I am speaking of Matt Stajan and Alex Ponikarovski . Both of whom are well on their way to having career years. I am not saying for a second that I don't think Sundin could help this team, he is still an incredible player with lots to offer. I suppose what I'm asking is should the Leafs want his help?

No comments: