Friday, December 5, 2008

Down, down we go....

Tomas Kaberle was benched for the entire first period to begin last nights game, it didn't motivate him any. On his first shift of the second period the Coyotes scored their 3rd goal to re-take a one goal lead. Don't get me wrong, I've been picking on poor Kabby for the last couple of days, but I don't dislike the guy. I do think however that the Leafs would be better served by trading him simply because the are re-building and the would get something tangible in return.

Despite have some extra rest after losing to the best team in the league, on Tuesday, the Leafs seemed to come out a little flat last night. I personally would have thought that between, the rest and seeing one of the 'senior' players on the team being benched the Leafs would have played a lot more motivated game. I have been known to be wrong on occasion, as was demonstrated with their 6-3 loss to the Coyotes.

Both teams went 0 for 4 on the power play last night, one area of the Leafs game that has shown vast improvement. The Leafs have jumped 2 spots in the last week on the penalty kill and are now 26th in the league in that department. After last night though, their power play slipped from 8th to 10th.

The long and the short of it is, it would be easy to sit around and pick apart the Leafs all day long, and I'm sure that there are alot of people doing it. Sitting their, making way more money than I do, analyzing, digging up meaningless stats about everything imaginable. The fact of the mater is, this team is NO supposed to win. Don't get me wrong, I love the Leafs, and I love to see them win. I am very excited, for the first time since I can remember though to watch a game. They are a fun team to watch, and there is a plan for the future, for a cup. So kids, let's just have fun, and enjoy some hockey. If they still aren't contending by say 2011, then we can all start bitching again ok?

No comments: