Tuesday, February 3, 2009

McCabe and Panthers burn Leafs in OT

All good things must come to an end. Although, depending on your thinking as to whether the Leafs should play to lose or play to win, this may be just what the Doctor ordered. I only mention this because, I talk to people all the time about how the Leafs are doing, where I think they're going to end up, and what I think they should do ( or not do ). I often find myself repeating the same old tired conversation about how, the Leafs should or shouldn't be playing for a draft pick. I, am of a minority when I state that my position is and always will be, the Leafs should always play to win. If I thought for a second that they were playing to lose, I'd never watch them again. To those who would disagree with me, I say this. Shut up, you're an idiot!

Now, on to the business at hand. The Buds did in fact play tonight and lost 4-3 to the Panthers, thanks to a Bryan McCabe overtime goal at 3:30 of overtime. Toronto seemed to have the game well in hand, leading 3-1 after two periods but couldn't hold the lead.


Stephan Weiss scored early in the third to make it close, and then Stillman scored at 19:07 on the powerplay to send the game to overtime.

Hagman opened the scoring with a highlight reel goal, Antropov scored for the third straight game and I don't think you'll see Luke Schenn try that fancy little spin-o-rama move at the blue line again any time soon, judging by the look on coach Wilsons' face as he left the bench.

The Leafs won't have time to sit around thinking about it though as they shuffle off to Buffalo for a Wednesday night tilt with the Sabres. As always, you can hear all the action live, right here on Bench Brawl!

No comments: